Abortions to 12 Weeks
You probably have many questions regarding a first trimester abortion. This information is designed to answer many of those questions. Please read the information carefully.
When you come to our offices for a first trimester procedure, we will try to make your stay with us as comfortable and as brief as possible. You can expect to be in our office for 2-4 hours.
Prior to coming to the office we will explain to you the pre-operative instructions
During your visit you will:
- Complete a self-medical history and sign consent forms.
- Leave a urine sample for a pregnancy test.
- Meet with an intake counselor to discuss medical history forms and payment options.
- Have a simple blood test by finger stick.
- Have a sonogram to estimate the length of pregnancy.
- Meet with a patient educator who will discuss the procedure, possible complications, necessary aftercare and birth control options.
- See the doctor for an examination and the abortion procedure.
- Recuperate with the nurse in the recovery room (Approx. 1 hour).